Ψ Note: These questions are part of a larger data base of questions on modules 26. The questions are selected to represent the type of question you should expect on unit exam three. You can, in fact, expect to see many of these very same questions on that exam. Exam questions, however, may deal with topics not covered in the self tests or in lectures but are discussed in your textbook. You are responsible for the content of your text book plus the content of lectures, interactive activities, & material on the web site.
Use these sample questions to test yourself & to practice for the test. Click on your choice to see if you are right.
1. Which of the following proverbs finds greatest support in social attraction research?
2. The fact that we like those people whom we associate with good feelings is most clearly consistent with which of the following theories of attraction?
3. Being excluded, avoided, or given the silent treatment leads people to
4. Functional distance refers to
5. Acts of excluding or ignoring are called
6. Research on proximity & social attraction generally supports the view that
7. Small average differences between attractive & unattractive people in areas like self-confidence & social skills are probably the result of
8. Studies of computer composites of faces show that
9. The mere-exposure effect works with which of the following stimuli?
10. To men who have recently been viewing pornographic material, average women seem _______ attractive, confirming the _______.
11. Which of the following is associated with physical attractivness?
12. Which of the following statments is true?
13. The tendency for people to choose as partners persons who possess attributes similar to their own is known as the
14. John was new on campus & wanted to start meeting other students, so he started:
15. If you saw a funny movie with someone, you would
Robert C. Gates